Regulatory Affair Intern APPLY NOW
We believe that a healthy and active lifestyle will help anyone to get more out of life. By providing a daily dosage of vitamins and minerals, we aim to unlock the potential of 200 million millennials across Southeast Asia. We are revolutionizing the vitamin category by making quality vitamin products in innovative formats accessible to urban millennials. Our first line of vitamin gummies took the Indonesian market by storm, propelling YOUVIT to become the country’s #1 gummy vitamin brand. We now plan to build on that initial success and expand our product range into new formats, build out the brand, double down on our unique omnichannel distribution model and expand further across Southeast Asia.
Preventative health and vitamins are top of mind across emerging markets. The ASEAN supplements market size is expected to reach US$ 10.6 billion by 2026, fueled by increasing health consciousness among the urban population. The pandemic accelerated a lifestyle change towards preventative health and millennials are often at the forefront of this shift. According to a report by Inventure Knowledge, 52% of Indonesians are consuming more vitamins since the pandemic. Furthermore, lock-downs and movement control measures have triggered a rapid shift towards online and direct-to-consumer (DTC) sales channels.
The majority of local brands are still marketing traditional remedies or low-end vitamins that are often positioned as cures instead of preventative supplements. High-quality nutraceutical supplements by global brands are expensive, the category sees almost no innovation and all players follow a traditional retail focussed play book.
YOUVIT is a new generation brand that is uniquely positioned to leverage the changes happening in the market. After launching our first products in 2017, we quickly became the product of choice for millions of urban millennials, 70% of which are female. We have breathed new life into the supplement category with our innovative line of one-a-day gummy vitamins. The products are formulated with health-conscious millennials in mind and tailored to local tastes and needs. The gummy vitamins come packed with nutrients and minerals to boost immune function, brain development, energy, beauty and overall health of both adults and kids – plus they are as delicious as they are healthy, with natural fruit flavors that provide a new, more enjoyable experience. From our lively marketing to convenient packaging, YOUVIT offers a welcome alternative to more traditional, medicinal vitamin pill brands.
To scale our operations and expand our product range into new formats, build out our brand, double down on our unique omnichannel distribution model and expand across South-East Asia., we intend to board strong new team members who are eager to support us with bringing our journey to the next phase.
About the Position
Joining YOU as a Regulatory Affair Intern is an opportunity of a lifetime. Your life will be filled with new challenges, adventure, rewarding hard work – and play. You work alongside the management of a fast-growing start-up, flexing your entrepreneurial muscles while you are submerged deep into business development. It is the ideal place to develop your career and quickly learn what it takes to build and scale a business. You will be exposed to a wide range of departments, with a strong focus on sales and distribution, enabling a very steep learning curve and personal development.
We see you as a fundamental part of the team, and expect you to truly feel part of, and contribute to the business. We are ambitious and ready to work hard to achieve our goals, the ideal candidate has the same intrinsic urge to excel in everything he/she does. We value people that get things done, don’t take shortcuts and are passionately curious. A potential match is street-smart, ‘hungry', and willing to embark on a great adventure. We prefer entrepreneurial and energetic ‘can-doers’ that like to roll-up their sleeves versus sitting in a suit in a fancy office.
Responsibilities of our Regulatory Affair Intern , including but not limited to:
· Support associate national expansion with development, registration and localization of products and labels
· Support product development team to register new products (NPD) to new countries, including existing products already exists locally (ID) and new products to expand to other countries
· Responsible in coordination & preparation of regulatory submission and strategies for product entry in the new market/country, depending on the local regulation of the destinated countries
· Manage the appropriate regulatory submission and premarket registration, and interact with local/abroad health authorities to obtain and maintain product approvals
· Do market research in new market abroad
· Understand the regulation of classifying, registering, shipping products in food, supplement, drug in other countries (ASEAN, APAC, EU, US)
· Support product development teams and other product development initiatives
· Support regulatory associate to Provide regulatory guidance to departments or development project teams regarding design, development, evaluation, or marketing of products
- Food Science / Food technology degree, or related fields (Chem, Bio). Fresh graduate or Final year student
- Open to other degree that has deep interest in food, supplement, and pharma industry
- Creative and Innovative in creating new products
- Have strong experience with local regulation and food/drug registration is required
- Familiar with food & drug regulatory in other countries is a plus
- Knowledge in HACCP & GMP, Halal certification is a plus
- Solid academic background, good command in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Highly proficient computer skills including email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong project management & time management skills
- Strong integrity values, communication & negotiation skills, strategic & flexible thinking, agility, business acumen, collaborative mindset & attitudes
Snapshot of the Role
Title : Regulatory Affair Intern
Location : Jakarta
Start date : ASAP
Language : Fluent in English
Education : University Degree
Experience : -
Contract : 3 months internship, with the option for a full time position upon positive evaluation
Compensation : 165.000 IDR/day
Reporting to : Regulatory Affair Associate
Send your CV and a short (max 1 page) one-page essay explaining what you can contribute to YOU and why are you are interested to work with us. E-mail to HR@youvit.co.id. Enquiries can be directed to the same address. We will invite interesting candidates for in-person interview.
A potential match is street-smart, ‘hungry', and willing to embark on an adventurous journey throughout life! We prefer entrepreneurial and energetic ‘can-doers’ that prefer to work in the trenches versus sitting in a suit in a fancy office. Corporate bureaucrats are advised not to apply!
“The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do”