Key Account Manager Thailand (Bangkok Based) APPLY NOW
Starting with the Indonesian market, we have embarked on a journey to revolutionize the vitamin industry in emerging markets by making quality products accessible to millennials of the urban middle class. Our first hero product, a multivitamin gummy for adults, took the Indonesian market by storm and created a new category. In line with a bigger paradigm shift in customer behavior, our brand aims to move the vitamin category from a traditional, medicinal positioning into a trendy, lifestyle space, while pivoting its distribution from traditional retail towards omnichannel.
Millennial consumers across South East Asia are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of a healthy lifestyle. As a result consumer behavior is changing rapidly as consumers adopt vitamin products focused on preventative health that are delivered directly to their doorstep.
Leveraging our expertise in the Indonesian retail sector, we successfully expanded into the Malaysian market in 2021. This venture not only proved to be a resounding success but also provided invaluable insights that are now fueling our next strategic move: introducing Indonesia’s #1 Vitamin Gummy brand to the Thai market. Our progress in Thailand has been significant. We've secured a key distribution partner, vital for establishing our presence. Additionally, we have finalized a partnership with Watsons Thailand and are in advanced negotiations with 7-Eleven. Over the next year, our goal is to broaden our retail network by collaborating with more partners and launching an online store, further solidifying our footprint in the region. Also, we aim to launch additional products through the year, like different gummy types and our powder drinks.
We are on the cusp of our next exciting growth phase and would like to invite you to join our journey.
About the Position
Joining Youvit as a Key Account Manager in Thailand is an opportunity of a lifetime. Your life will be filled with new challenges, adventure, rewarding hard work – and play. You work alongside the Country Manager of Thailand and our Distribution partner as part of a fast-growing start-up, flexing your entrepreneurial muscles while you are submerged deep into business development. It is the ideal place to develop your career and quickly learn what it takes to build and scale a business. You will be exposed to a wide range of departments, with a strong focus on sales and distribution, enabling a very steep learning curve and personal development.
We see you as a fundamental part of the team, and expect you to truly feel part of, and contribute to the business. We are ambitious and ready to work hard to achieve our goals, and the ideal candidate has the same intrinsic urge to excel in everything he/she does. We value people that get things done, don’t take shortcuts, and are passionately curious. A potential match is street-smart, ‘hungry', and willing to embark on a great adventure. We prefer entrepreneurial and energetic ‘can-doers’ that like to roll up their sleeves versus sitting in a suit in a fancy office.
· Account Development | Build strong partnerships with the portfolio of Modern Trade retailers across Thailand.
○ Existing Channels | Build and negotiate strong business agreements consisting of listing, trade, and marketing agreements while managing budgets across channels.
○ New Channels | Motivate new channels towards product acceptance and negotiate strong partnerships for the execution of the related business agreements. Our main focus is on health and beauty retailers like Watsons and Boots, Hyper & Supermarkets like Lotus’s and Big C, and of course convenience stores like 7-eleven.
· Account Management | Grow the sales of Youvit within the portfolio of Modern Trade retailers across Thailand.
• Sell in | Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets for the Modern Trade retailer portfolio.
• Service Level | Work together with the Distribution partner to secure and grow volume of sales-in from distributor to retailer to achieve >95% Distributor Service Level across SKUs and secure stock availability at store level to meet both basic planogram capacity and sales-out volume.
• Sell out | Work together with the retail partners to execute upon the stock, visibility, and campaign arrangements, in order to grow the volume of sales-out from retailer to end- consumer.
○ (Trade) Marketing
• (Trade) Marketing Plan | Together with the Sr. Marketing Executive you will translate the campaign calendar from the Marketing team into an Above the Line (ATL) and Below the Line (BTL) Marketing Plan customized to retailer and store level, that achieves the quarterly and annual sales targets. This includes marketing includes social media activation, influencer engagement, and roadshows. BTL marketing includes the planning and implementation of product availability, product visibility, consumer/trade promotions, field team activity, and frontliner engagement.
• Joint Business Planning | Negotiate strong partnerships with the Modern Trade retailers in Thailand for the execution of the (Trade) Marketing Plan.
• Monitor | Monitor the execution of the (Trade) Marketing Plan, by means of on-shelf availability, installation of visibility, and frontliner engagement. Improve upon the (Trade) Marketing strategy through iteration based upon these learnings.
• Promoters | Structure the job responsibilities of promoters and work hand in hand with the outsourcing agency to execute their activities on store level.
• Strategy | Create a compelling vision and translate it into objective and organized plans. Make decisions that supports the accounts strategy and the achievement of the sales target on the Trading Terms.
• Analysis | Analyze trends in the market and propose programs and/or activities to anticipate threats and opportunities.
• KPI | Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the accounts and make sure they are met and recommend corrective action if not.
· Account Operations | Run sales operations according to budget for the portfolio of Modern Trade retailers across Thailand.
○ Budgeting | Undertake the actions above while managing a portfolio budget including Commercial Agreements, Product Returns, Materials, and Manpower.
○ Relationship | Build strong relationships with the different channels in support of the above.
○ In-store Execution | Ensure in-store sales and marketing promotions are properly executed and have a passion for being in the field and on the move 24/7!
○ Teamwork | Be ready to jump in and help out on many other related topics.
● Solid academic background.
● Excellent communication and writing skills; good command of English and Thai.
● A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a fast-paced work environment, experienced in account management of consumer (health & beauty) products in Modern Trade across Thailand.
● Marketing knowledge: comprehensive understanding and insight into managing all elements of the marketing mix, above/below the line, price, promotion, shelf space, product (range), research, and space management.
● Comprehensive working knowledge of all inter-related company functions, e.g. distribution, customer service, human resource, and advertising agencies.
● Strength in interpersonal, communicational, negotiation, and planning skills.
● Demonstrated strong analytical skills - 'getting-things-done' over a process-driven mentality; systematic thinking, strong analytical, communication, and excellent problem-solving skills.
● High moral standards and personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the business.
● Able to work within an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
● Strong feeling of responsibility.
Snapshot of the Role
Title : Key Account Manager
Location : Bangkok, Thailand
Start date : March 2024
Language : Fluent in English and Thai
Education : Bachelor or Master Degree
Experience : Minimum five years in relevant field
Contract : Three-month fit-period, full time position afterwards
Compensation : Competitive salary and benefits
Reporting to : Country Manager Thailand
Send your CV and a short (max. 1 page) one-page essay explaining what you can contribute to Youvit and why you are interested to work with us. E-mail to HR@youvit.co.id. Inquiries can be directed to the same address. We will invite interesting candidates for a (Zoom) interview initially.
A potential match is street-smart, ‘hungry', and willing to embark on an adventurous journey throughout life! We prefer entrepreneurial and energetic ‘can-doers’ that prefer to work in the trenches versus sitting in a suit in a fancy office. Corporate bureaucrats are advised not to apply!
“The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do”