Key Account Executive – Kuala Lumpur APPLY NOW
Youvit is a fast-growing company revolutionizing the vitamin category. We make health delightful and market a range of high-quality supplements in innovative formats for the urban millennial. We believe that a healthy and active lifestyle helps everyone get more out of life and our aim is to unlock the potential of 200 million millennials in SEA by providing a daily dosage of vitamins and minerals. Today, we are the #1 gummy vitamin brand in Indonesia and we aren’t stopping here, we now plan to double down on our strategies to reach the next growth stage in Indonesia (1 to 100) and further expand in the region (0 to 1).
We have breathed new life into the supplement category which is divided between local brands marketing traditional remedies and high-quality global brands that are out of reach. Youvit’s innovative line of one-a-day gummy vitamins and omnichannel approach makes vitamins accessible and dare I say it, cool, for the urban millennial. Tailored to meet local taste profiles and millennial relevant need spaces, our gummy vitamins are packed with nutrients and minerals to boost immune function, brain development, energy, beauty, and overall health of both adults and kids – made with natural fruit flavors, they are as delicious as they are healthy making the experience of taking your vitamins enjoyable and memorable.
Youvit launched in Malaysia in 2021 and quickly became a best-selling vitamin product in chains like Guardian and Watsons. To scale our operations into new sales channels, new categories, and new countries, we intend to board strong new team members who are eager to support us in bringing our YOU Journey to the next phase.
About the Position
Joining Youvit as a Key Account Executive in Malaysia is an opportunity of a lifetime. Your life will be filled with new challenges, adventure, rewarding hard work – and play. You work alongside the Country Manager of Malaysia and our Distribution partner as part of a fast-growing start-up, flexing your entrepreneurial muscles while you are submerged deep into business development. It is the ideal place to develop your career and quickly learn what it takes to build and scale a business. You will be exposed to a wide range of departments, with a strong focus on sales and distribution, enabling a very steep learning curve and personal development.
We see you as a fundamental part of the team, and expect you to truly feel part of, and contribute to the business. We are ambitious and ready to work hard to achieve our goals, and the ideal candidate has the same intrinsic urge to excel in everything he/she does. We value people who get things done, don’t take shortcuts, and are passionately curious. A potential match is street-smart, ‘hungry', and willing to embark on a great adventure. We prefer entrepreneurial and energetic ‘can-doers’ who like to roll up their sleeves versus sitting in a suit in a fancy office.
I. Account Development | Build strong partnerships with the portfolio of Modern Trade & General Trade retailers across Malaysia.
- Existing Channels | Build and negotiate strong business agreements consisting of listing, trade, and marketing agreements while managing budgets across channels. Amongst others, retailers include Aeon Wellness, and Multicare, eMart, and other pharmacy & supermarket channels.
- New Channels | Motivate new channels towards product acceptance and negotiate strong partnerships for the execution of the related Business Agreements. Focus on mid-sized pharmacies, supermarkets, non-food channels and others.
II. Account Management | Grow the sales of Youvit within the portfolio of Modern Trade and General Trade retailers across Malaysia.
- Sell in | Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets for the Modern Trade & General Trade retailer portfolio.
- Service Level | Work together with the retailer partner to secure and grow volume of sales-in from distributor to retailer to achieve >95% Distributor Service Level across SKUs and secure stock availability at store level to meet both basic planogram capacity and sales-out volume.
- Sell out | Work together with the retail partners to execute upon the stock, visibility, and campaign arrangements, in order to grow the volume of sales-out from retailer to end- consumer.
III. (Trade) Marketing
- (Trade) Marketing Plan | Translate the campaign calendar from the Marketing team into an Above the Line (ATL) and Below the Line (BTL) Marketing Plan customized to retailer and store level, that achieves the quarterly and annual sales targets. ATL marketing includes social media activation, influencer engagement, and roadshows. BTL marketing includes the planning and implementation of product availability, product visibility, consumer/trade promotions, field team activity, and frontliner engagement.
- Joint Business Planning | Negotiate strong partnerships with the Modern Trade & General Trade retailers in Malaysia for the execution of the (Trade) Marketing Plan.
- Monitor | Monitor the execution of the (Trade) Marketing Plan, by means of on-shelf availability, installation of visibility, and frontliner engagement. Improve upon the (Trade) Marketing strategy through iteration based upon these learnings.
- Promoters | Structure the job responsibilities of promoters and work hand in hand with the outsourcing agency to execute their activities on store level.
- Strategy | Create a compelling vision and translate it into objective and organized plans. Make decisions that supports the accounts strategy and the achievement of the sales target on the Trading Terms.
- Analysis | Analyze trends in the market and propose programs and/or activities to anticipate threats and opportunities.
- KPI | Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the accounts and make sure they are met and recommend corrective action if not.
V. Account Operations | Run sales operations according to budget for the portfolio of Modern Trade & General Trade retailers across Malaysia.
- Budgeting | Undertake the actions above while managing a portfolio budget including Commercial Agreements, Product Returns, Materials, and Manpower.
- Relationship | Build strong relationships with the different channels in support of the above.
- In-store Execution | Ensure in-store sales and marketing promotions are properly executed and have a passion for being in the field and on the move!
- Teamwork | Be ready to jump in and help out on many other related topics.
- Solid academic background.
- 2-4 years of experience in account management in health & beauty category
- Excellent communication and writing skills; Good command of English; Chinese and Malay is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills - 'getting-things-done' over a process-driven mentality; systematic thinking, strong analytical, communication, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in sales and marketing achieved at previous employers or extra-curricular activities
- High moral standards and personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the business.
- Able to work within an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Strong feeling of responsibility.
Snapshot of the Role
Title: Key Account Executive
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Start date: ASAP
Language: Fluent in English
Education: Bachelor or Master Degree
Experience: Minimum two years in relevant field
Contract: Three-month fit-period, full-time position afterwards
Compensation: Competitive salary
Reporting to: Country Manager Youvit
Send your CV and a short (max 1 page) one-page essay explaining what you can contribute to YOUVIT and why are you are interested to work with us. E-mail to HR@YOUVIT.co.id. Enquiries can be directed to the same address. We will invite interesting candidates for a (Skype) interview initially.
A potential match is street-smart, ‘hungry', and willing to embark on an adventurous journey throughout life! We prefer entrepreneurial and energetic ‘can-doers’ that prefer to work in the trenches versus sitting in a suit in a fancy office. Corporate bureaucrats are advised not to apply!
“The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do”