Head of Innovation APPLY NOW
Responsibilities of our Head of Innovation, including but not limited to:
· Team | Manage dedicated consumer insights executive and build out team over time where necessary
· Customer Understanding | Ensure Consumer Insights is a world class department, helping especially the marketing, brand and product development departments to have a continuous feedback loop with the customer through all channels. From surveys and FGDs, to market reports and social scanning and monitoring to NPS scores and direct chat with our lively community.
· Market Analysis | Closely follow trends in the market, competitors and be the first to spot opportunities for new products and campaigns.
· Team | Manage a growing, ambitious team of one product development manager, a product development executive and regulatory executive.
· Product Roadmap | Build a product roadmap that lives up to our big ambition to become SEA’s leading supplement brand with a portfolio ranging across multiple formats.
· End-to-end development | Successfully leading new products through all stages of development, from initial exploration, concept creation, managing timelines to all the way up to commercialization.
· Concepting | Create winning concepts for new products, working closely with marketing and sales departments and taking into account technical and regulatory feasibility. Concepts include key pain-points we solve for and other key insights in the market and customer, product format, function, ingredients, benefits and efficacy as well as commercials like COGS, pricing and potential.
· Developing | Design and develop appealing, effective, safe, and sustainable products. Oversee product development process and develop high-quality products that make health delightful and helps our customers achieve their health and beauty goals.
· Sample Production | Produce samples and iterate based on customer feedback until the product is received well. Manage product formula to meet desired product physical appearance and active (vitamin and mineral) content.
· Sourcing | Find suppliers to fill gaps where necessary, including new manufacturing partners.
· Registration | Oversee product registration and certification process to ensure all the requirements and processes are well prepared to get a successful application.
· Launch | Work closely cross-department to make sure new products are launched on-time with maximum impact.
· Management Team | Be an active part of the management team, contributing to our cross departmental discussions.
· Hands-on Execution | Embrace the start-up dynamics of swift changes and cross departmental collaboration.
· Relationships and Teamwork | Building strong relationships with the internal and external stakeholders in support of your role.
· Project Management Tools | Manage, adopt and built out functionality of set of productivity tools like our project management tools in airtable.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA, preferably in branding, marketing, nutrition, technology, food science or similar.
· At least 10 years of work experience in FMCG within brand management, product/ brand innovation aor product development, preferably in the health and beauty category.
· Extremely customer centric with a real passion for understanding customers. You are intuitively in touch with the customer, market, trends and competition.
· Commercial mindset, leading to focus on commercial success of developed products.
· Strong organization, project management and communication skills.
· Experience managing a team.
· Very good proficiency of English.
Snapshot of the Role
Title : Head of Innovation
Location : Jakarta
Start date : ASAP
Language : Fluent in English
Education : University Degree
Experience : 10 years
Contract : 3 months-probation with permanent employment upon positive evaluation
Reporting to : CEO|||Jakarta|||||||||9VjcDQYsZwwMASb8|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||